"Dear Pee" Rose's Story- Part 2



                                          Image Courtesy of dear.pauline.bigcartel.com


Welcome back to Pee's Blog! Here is part 2 of Rose's story.
Thank you to everyone for the encouraging comments. I am so grateful.
Just in case you missed Part 1, link would be at the end of this post.


.... I knew it was someone who knew me. I thought to myself; "maybe this is the miracle I have been waiting for". As I got closer to the car, I realised he was not someone familiar so there was no way he could have called my name. I tried to keep still and wait till the end of the conversation. He spoke to me politely and convinced me to get into his car. A few minutes into the ride, I could not keep up with the conversation anymore; he tried to gist me of how highly "connected" he was and I was beginning to think.. maybe this isn't exactly what I prayed for. I tried to convey the signal that I was no longer interested in the conversation and expected that he would drop me off at the next bus stop- he didn't.

We continued going for minutes and  sensing danger, I started screaming for him to let me out. Instead, he increased his speed and took another exit. In a tone that was very threatening and rather unfamiliar with the way he approached me earlier, he said to me... "If you attract attention and people get to see us, they would believe my story before yours. There are no Christians in this place". I quickly resolved to changing my strategy and started begging instead- he didn't stop. He pulled into the last major turn and at this point I knew it would take a miracle to to get me out of the situation.

"If you do not know where you are, this is 'Angwan-Rogo". The only thing I knew about the place were the stories I had heard that Christians were not allowed in that area and the thought of it sent shivers down my spine. I started to cry and exclaim in Yoruba "I ru wahala wo ni mo ko ra mi si  bayi" meaning; (what sort of trouble have I gotten myself into)? He said to me "Oh so you understand Yoruba"? I started pleading in Yoruba thinking it would help. He told me he didn't want to force me out of the car because there were people around and they would figure out my identity. I knew that my chances of leaving alive were very slim because a major crisis in Jos had only recently just ended and everywhere was still tense. I had already started receiving weird stares from some of his "boys" that passed us looking into his car.

He gave me two options; To either enter the house he pointed at to allow him have his way with me or he'd invite some other "friends". I knew his threat was definitely not an empty threat cos he made some calls and I could hear the conversation (though I didn't understand everything they said). I was left with no other option but to enter the house and when I did, it was indeed a prison.... 

The greatest miracle was making it out alive. When I came out, I was broken. Broken because the pride which I had saved up all my life had just been taken in the most brutal and painful way- Every time I didn't smile like I "enjoyed" the moment, he would hit me.... I was just grateful to God that I was allowed to escape... he even did me the "favour" of accompanying me to the road.... I wondered why God allowed me to pass through such with everything I was already going through....

 Like I said earlier, My victory is not complete yet but I am definitely not where I used to be.

Dear Rose,
Many thanks for sharing your story. I wish words are enough to soothe pain. I just pray you find the comfort you need and keep being positive. I would also advice you to seek help from a counselor. It would surprise you how much help you can get.

I've known Rose for a very long time; about 10-12 years. My memories of her are how much she loves to serve in Church and always with a smile. Not every story is a happy one. Life is a fair mix of ups and downs. There are many times when as humans, we'll ask ourselves "why do bad things happen to good people"... times when serving God will seem pointless and feel like a chore. Don't loose hope. I'll leave you with something from Lance Armstrong "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit however, it lasts forever".

P.S:

A very Happy Birthday to Richie (Nsisong), Biodun and Ifunanya!
xoxo!

Link to Part 1 of Rose's story:
http://podoje.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/dear-pee-roses-story.html

Have a great week everyone! see you soon!


Glossary:
Angwan-Rogo: Area in Jos, Plateau state, Nigeria.
Jos: Administrative capital of Plateau state in Nigeria
Yoruba: Language spoken in West Africa; mainly Nigeria.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts