Happy Mother's Day!






Welcome back to Pee's blog and a Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing mothers!
Mother's day is a day to celebrate the true goodness of a Mother. It is amazing how Mothers are willing to lay down their lives just to make their children happy. The best part of a Mother's love is how natural it feels and how undoubtedly and readily available it is at all times. To all the Mothers, as your children, we see you and we thank you for the joy you bring to our lives. We may not say it everyday but we are truly grateful. On this special day, we celebrate you!

To all the Mothers who are no more on earth with us, we remember you too. Though we wish you stayed longer, we thank you for the priceless moments we had to spend with you. In our hearts, we'll continue to carry all the lessons you thought us hoping that we'll make you proud.

I have received some Mother's day tributes. Hope you enjoy them just as much as I did.



A poem written by Augusta for her Mum. Did I mention that I am jealous? (I also think Uncle Wole Soyinka should give you his nobel prize in literature #OkBye). 

To: Evelyn Umoh.

"My Mother.
My Mother is caring,
My Mother is Kind. She loves me
and I Love her more.
-
My Mother is raising four kids.
A handful that must be.
She does it so well
You'd think she was made for this.
-
My Mother cries when we cry,
She is happy when we laugh.
if I forget the power of love,
she reminds me how strong.
-
Although I am no poet,
My Mother deserves a poem,
and much more.
To tell how wonderful she is".







To Fidelia Vontau: "There is so much to life and what comes with it we can never understand. My mother was a blessed soul. She was a disciplinarian yet fun to be with. My mum would always take me around wherever she went. I really miss the few years I had to spend with her. She would always beat me whenever I said something wrong. Growing up, my mouth was terrible. I remember one time when we went to a visitor's house and I was offered kunu and I said "the kunu is not sweet" she kept looking at me so i'd stop talking. Once we were home, she beat everything out of me. I really miss my mum. I would sit sometimes and wish I did things differently  or that she passed away when I was older maybe I would have understood more about her illness and taken it more seriously. Other time I wonder if she would have been happy with the kind of guy I dated and I think of the kind of advice she would have given me. I just want to make her happy and proud wherever she is. I believe she is still watching over me. I love you Mum. Happy Mother's Day to the most amazing mother". - Manmak Vontau.



To: Mercy Inyang " Happy Mother's Day to my superhero, she has always been there for me, (I mean 'always' in every sense of the word).The best gift God gaveme was to be born through you. I love you for eternity.
God has given me a womanthat has proven to be a beautiful mother, a wonderful wife, an amazing friend that I can count on and a wonderful role model. I'm thankful to God that you're my mother and thankful to God for making you such a blessing in my life.
Thank you for everything and I love you so much.
To every mum who has loved and protected her child(ren), I wish you a Happy Mother's Day! - Elizabeth Itiaba Inyang.



To: Victoria Adeniji. " Thanks for being the best mother for me, for teaching me the word, for always being the best shoulder to lean on, for your constant prayers and support.
I love you so much mum and I pray you live long to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Happy Mother's Day my queen. #RideOrDie. - Esther Adeniji.



To: Adetokunbo Fayokun. "I try to look for words to qualify my mother; strong,
hardworking, determined, committed, loving, beautiful,
talented, God fearing, adventurous, wise, principled... All these words are still not enough to express who she is to me and all she has taught me. I can never imagine what my life would be without her. My number one adviser, greatest critic and role model. As s tribute to the most amazing woman in my life this season that celebrates mothers, I pray that the grace o God in her life will never cease. I love my twinny".


Special thanks to everyone who shared their mother's day tribute on Pee's Blog.


Glossary:
Kunu; a local drink usually from northern Nigeria.



Have an amazing rest-of-the week! xoxo!
Love,
Pee.
























Comments

Popular Posts